Banana Buckwheat Pancakes
Serves 6 (makes 18 3-inch pancakes)
- 2 cups plain soymilk, divided
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. egg replacer powder
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 Tbs. maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- Mix 1 3/4 cups soymilk with lemon juice in small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine flours, baking powder, salt and baking soda in medium bowl.
- Whisk egg replacer and remaining 1/4 cup soymilk in small bowl. Add to soymilk mixture. Whisk in oil and maple syrup.
- Stir flour mixture into soymilk mixture. Fold in bananas.
- Lightly oil griddle, and heat over medium heat. Pour 2 Tbs. batter onto griddle for each pancake, and cook 2 minutes, or until batter bubbles and pancakes begin to brown around edges. Flip, and cook 2 minutes more. Serve with maple syrup.
258 calories per serving (3 pancakes)